Inspirational Quotes"A strong outside strengthens the inside."
- "For most people, work is hard enough without pushing even harder. Those extra steps are so difficult and painful they almost never get done. That's the way it must be. If great performance were easy, it wouldn't be so rare."
- “Pain of discipline over the pain of regret."
- "Every expert was once a beginner."
- "Challenges are what make life interesting. Overcoming those challenges makes life meaningful."
- "If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse."
- "In rowing, as in life, there are competitors and there are racers. The competitor works hard and rows to his limit. The racer does not think of limits, only the race." –Jim Dietz
- "She who has the will to win cannot be beaten."
- "Be the hammer, never the nail."
- "Compete with confidence like you are in first, train like you are in second."
- "To give up requires no effort, only a decision. To win requires everything you have to give."
- "Whether you think you can, or you think you can't-you're right." -Henry Ford
- "It's the little details that are vital. Little things make big things happen." -John Wooden
- "The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender." -Vince Lombardi
- "If you had one shot, or one opportunity to seize everything you ever wanted in one moment- would you capture it? Or just let it slip?" -Eminem
- "You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing you think you cannot do." -Eleanor Roosevelt
- “I am not saying that it’s going to be easy- I am saying that it’s going to be worth it.” Art Williams
Author Archives: trainwickedhard
HOW IT BEGAN Back in December, I was bored with my workouts. That’s when the guys at work approached me about competing in a power lifting meet. I agreed and thought it would be an experience to train for! Something … Continue reading
I would like to say that I have taken a 4 month sabbatical from my blog, but that would be a lie. Because that would mean, I would have stepped away from it on purpose, but this is not true. … Continue reading
As the seasons are changing, so are people’s reasons for skipping training sessions. It’s one thing for something to pop up—that’s understandable, life happens. However when it becomes habit that CANNOT be tolerated. “I have work.” “I have to … Continue reading
This past weekend I attended the RKC Workshop in Philly and became RKC certified 🙂 It was an amazing weekend of coaching, learning, and working out. I met some great people and learned A LOT! Such a great experience, I … Continue reading
SIDE NOTE: I am now three weeks away from the RKC Workshop in Philadelphia, PA. In order to pass the RKC certification, I must complete the pull-up test (15 second Arm Hang for females) and the Snatch Test (100 repetitions … Continue reading
Food, Inc. is a documentary that reveals how the nation’s food supply is influenced by a handful of corporations that are more focused on the profit before the consumer’s health. I would recommend watching the film, not to scare you … Continue reading