Inspirational Quotes"A strong outside strengthens the inside."
- "For most people, work is hard enough without pushing even harder. Those extra steps are so difficult and painful they almost never get done. That's the way it must be. If great performance were easy, it wouldn't be so rare."
- “Pain of discipline over the pain of regret."
- "Every expert was once a beginner."
- "Challenges are what make life interesting. Overcoming those challenges makes life meaningful."
- "If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse."
- "In rowing, as in life, there are competitors and there are racers. The competitor works hard and rows to his limit. The racer does not think of limits, only the race." –Jim Dietz
- "She who has the will to win cannot be beaten."
- "Be the hammer, never the nail."
- "Compete with confidence like you are in first, train like you are in second."
- "To give up requires no effort, only a decision. To win requires everything you have to give."
- "Whether you think you can, or you think you can't-you're right." -Henry Ford
- "It's the little details that are vital. Little things make big things happen." -John Wooden
- "The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender." -Vince Lombardi
- "If you had one shot, or one opportunity to seize everything you ever wanted in one moment- would you capture it? Or just let it slip?" -Eminem
- "You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing you think you cannot do." -Eleanor Roosevelt
- “I am not saying that it’s going to be easy- I am saying that it’s going to be worth it.” Art Williams
Monthly Archives: November 2010
I see too many women come in to the gym and jump on the elliptical, treadmill, or bike for 30 minutes and think that they are doing themselves a favor…OR they think that by using the elliptical with the moving … Continue reading
We are always looking for the best diet, the one with the fastest results. With these diets, we lose it, and then put it back on just as fast. With some exceptions to what people’s goals are, I am against … Continue reading
As I said previously, I am really getting into kettlebell work. It is a great total body workout and I feel like I am getting stronger. Right now I am doing the Turkish Getup with a 12kg. I am working … Continue reading
Throughout my athletic career, I have looked to this inspirational story about inner strength and dealing with the complications and curve balls that are thrown at us on a daily basis. Enjoy! BE THE BEAN by Anonymous A young woman … Continue reading
I recently read one of Mike Boyle’s articles on High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT). Here are some key points that I took away from the article: 1) Tabata – Tabata follows the protocol of 20 seconds of intense work and … Continue reading
Due to my minor running “setback” that is causing me to stay off the streets of Boston, I have focused my attention on working with kettlebells. I have worked briefly with them this summer at Athletic Evolution, where I learned … Continue reading