Inspirational Quotes"A strong outside strengthens the inside."
- "For most people, work is hard enough without pushing even harder. Those extra steps are so difficult and painful they almost never get done. That's the way it must be. If great performance were easy, it wouldn't be so rare."
- “Pain of discipline over the pain of regret."
- "Every expert was once a beginner."
- "Challenges are what make life interesting. Overcoming those challenges makes life meaningful."
- "If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse."
- "In rowing, as in life, there are competitors and there are racers. The competitor works hard and rows to his limit. The racer does not think of limits, only the race." –Jim Dietz
- "She who has the will to win cannot be beaten."
- "Be the hammer, never the nail."
- "Compete with confidence like you are in first, train like you are in second."
- "To give up requires no effort, only a decision. To win requires everything you have to give."
- "Whether you think you can, or you think you can't-you're right." -Henry Ford
- "It's the little details that are vital. Little things make big things happen." -John Wooden
- "The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender." -Vince Lombardi
- "If you had one shot, or one opportunity to seize everything you ever wanted in one moment- would you capture it? Or just let it slip?" -Eminem
- "You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing you think you cannot do." -Eleanor Roosevelt
- “I am not saying that it’s going to be easy- I am saying that it’s going to be worth it.” Art Williams
Monthly Archives: December 2010
Being a competitive person myself, it is hard for me not to compare myself to other females (or even males) in the strength world. However, there is a difference between being inspired by these strength enthusiasts and getting discouraged. When … Continue reading
On the twelfth day of Christmas, my trainer said to me, 12 Clean and Presses 11 Plyo-Pushups 10 Legs a-lunging 9 Farmer’s Walking 8 Roman Dead Lifts 7 Standing Side Planks 6 Turkish Get-Ups FIVE KETTLEBELL SWINGS 4 Army Crawls … Continue reading
QUESTION OF THE WEEK: What’s one thing that you have learned that has helped you grow in this industry? Brendon: Experience is everything. You can read the books, take the classes, watch the DVD’s, get your certifications, but it won’t … Continue reading
Check out this workout that Ryan K. and I did today: 60 minutes Warm Up Foam Roll Spiderman T-Spine Rotations x4 Superset 1: KB Squats x12 KB Halos x12 ] x3 KB Single Arm Swings x8each Superset 2: KB Single Leg RDL x10 Pull-Ups x6 … Continue reading
I am living in a house with three other young strength coaches that are following the footsteps of the industry’s leaders. Every week we are going to hold a round table discussion about anything from coaching styles to nutrition to … Continue reading
This is such an inspirational list of the lessons that life teaches us. It is always good to be reminded of the simple things in life! Check it out! Written by Regina Brett, 90 years old, of the Plain Dealer, … Continue reading